Thursday 28 February 2013

An American boy in Paris




 







all pictures from style.com

This morning marked Alexander Wang's much anticipated debut at Balenciaga. I was so excited for this I stayed up till 3am so I could see it as soon as it appeared online! Thankfully, Alexander made it worth staying up late for because he delivered a wonderful collection. It was incredibly simple and modern but featured some really great textures and shapes. I know many people will say that this was very much a safe collection and an homage to the label because the clothes were similar to what we would find the Balenciaga archives but at lease it was very well executed. The fur jackets paired with high waisted lace pants, the knitwear and the black dresses with side cut outs were all brilliant pieces. I am willing to get three jobs to afford one of those painted knits. ( CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS NOT LEATHER?!!) Overall, I think this would a solid debut for Alexander and I know this boy will continue to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment