Sunday 24 March 2013

My favorite spring trends

Black and White




Monochromatic


 


Slouchy Suiting 




Square Kitten Heel


all pictures from style.com
In order of appearance: Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu, Givenchy, Etro, Gucci, Stella McCartney, Tracy Reese, DVF, Helmut Lang, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton. 

Finally, Spring is upon us ( although it feels more like Winter over here) and there are some fabulous trends that we saw on the runways in September that I am dying to try. There was a time when wearing a black and white outfit seemed too simple but I found myself wanting to try this graphic trend because it is very much outside my usually colorful bubble. Now, a trend that really works for me is monochromatic. I especially love this trend when it is done with very bright colors as we saw on the runway at Gucci. I really look forward to attempting this trend because as colorful as my closet is, I have never done a head to toe color look. Another trend I quite loved on the runways was the slouchy suit. As a person who loves oversized blazers and oversized pants, I have never paired the two together. I always find myself doing one slouchy piece and the other fitted to balance each other out so it will be interesting to be all slouched up head to toe. Finally, one of my top favorite trend is the return of the kitten heel! Interestingly enough, it is not your typical pointy kitten heel but a square shaped one which I find even more appealing. As you all know, I am very tall, so when fashion decides that low heels are in, I am a very happy gal. Let me know what your favorite spring trends are!! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment